Monday, October 21, 2013

"Escape Plan" V The Real World

This last weekend my husband, his best friend, his co worker and I went to see the new Stallone/Schwarzenegger movie “Escape Plan”. It was about a man who broke out of prisons for a living and tried to build an escape proof prison. He goes through a mission meeting where he is to try to break out of said prison. A van comes to pick him up and instead of just taking him to the prison, they take out his tracking chip and take him to the prison where he wakes up in a cell. In this prison is where he meets Schwarzenegger and another man and they try to get out.

This made me reconsider my thoughts of people actually behaving themselves while they're being watched, even in prison. There have been prison breaks and they were probably under the watchful eyes of the wardens. However, no one knows what people are doing every second of every day. This is also a reason why other crimes are committed. Such as rape and murder, because people plan it out and do it (a majority of the time) where no one can see or hear what's going on. And in the case of rape, can get away with it sometimes.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into a movie, I tend not to do this. But with my faith in the human race being less than 5 percent. This movie and the thoughts that came from it put everything in proper perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment